The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Friday, November 29, 2002

And here, a few hours late, is a partial list of things for which I am thankful, in recognition of our Thanksgiving holiday.

I am thankful that a friend's family welcomed me to dine alongside them with open and kind arms when I had no other plans.

I am thankful that I did not have to try cooking a turkey myself.

I am thankful that there was no contstruction downstairs this morning. This meant that I missed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade entirely and woke up just in time to be finishing my shower as the Patriots-Lions game began.

I am thankful that I live in a time and place where people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations can peacefully coexist. It's far too easy to take this for granted.

I am thankful that Joey Harrington, in his zeal to not get sacked, ever, threw interceptions instead.

I am thankful that I stuck with the Dallas defense in fantasy football this week.

I am thankful for having all my Christmas shopping done, so I have no need to visit any shopping malls in the forseeable future.

I am thankful the heyday of boy bands seems to be fading.

I am thankful that "Episode II: Attack of the Clones" had far less and more judicious use of Jar-Jar Binks than "Episode I: The Phantom Menace," and that Episode III is likely to feature even less of him.

I am thankful there are bands out there, mostly from Great Britain, that do a decent job of making me feel less ancient when I describe my musical tastes to college students.

I am thankful that I have so many entertainment options, very few of which have anything to do with Anna Nicole Smith.

I am thankful that "Baby Bob" is not on television. I am further thankful that commercials for "Baby Bob" are not on television.

Most importantly of all, I am thankful that I have my health (lingering cold notwithstanding) that I can afford food and shelter, that I have many friends and family who care about me, and that I am, by any measure, one of the most fortunate human beings to walk the earth.

Good night.







1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Сергей Бабенчук said...

Binary options are a great option for earning a housewife. I read a lot of bad reviews about binary options - a lie! Ask whether it is possible to make binary options? Can!!! Enjoys an excellent strategy to binary options, all happy! Strategy took away option-strategies.org/strategies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home