The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Saturday, January 04, 2003

Year Of The Cat

Well, time to add another candle to the ol' birthday cake, dear readers. In a few short hours, I'll be exactly 29 years old.

Next year I'll be old enough to run for U.S. Senate. Of course, I'll have to move, since D.C. residents don't get to run for or serve in the Senate. Or the House. There are no gay men in the Senate. (That we now about.) There may or may not be lesbians in the Senate - if I had a dime for every innuendo about Barbara Mikulski.....

Of course there are a few gay men in the House. I'm already old enough to serve in the House. Heck, I think I'm older than at least one House member. What a depressing thought.

On that note...didn't it freak you out when you first realized that there were celebrities (pro or even college athletes, rock stars, big-name actors, political types) younger than you are? It makes me stop to think what might have been sometimes. Derek Jeter. Allen Iverson. Paul Pierce. Leonardo DiCaprio. Dale Earhardt, Jr. Tiger Woods. Drew Barrymore. Kate Winslet. (I can't think of any pundits off the top of my head, but there must be at least one.)

I was relived to find out that upon double-checking, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Nomar Garciaparra, and Eminem are all older than me. And always will be. Heh. Nomar was born on the same day as Monica Lewinsky. Which means she's older than me too.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home