The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Monday, May 19, 2003

The Famous Final Scene

The dreaded Week Four of a contractor project.

Office politics and petty bitternesses set in as people scramble for position, jockey for favor, for plum assignments, for what passes for perks in this line of work, which are not bloody much I tell you.

Damn I need a real job. There will be office politics on a permanent basis, but at least the parameters would be more stable. As would the paycheck.

What's really sad is that I've gotten very good at imitating Milton from the now-classic film "Office Space." It frightens co-workers who've never seen the movie, but not as much as it frightens co-workers who have seen the movie.

I still did not receive my paycheck...I believe you have my stapler...Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt on the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt

It always makes 'em laugh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home