The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Dead Man Walking

In what promises to be an annual ritual of dread, I strolled down to the Department of Health building downtown this morning.

After waiting almost an hour for my appointment, I wondered about the people in front of me. I would have been annoyed but I started to imagine that maybe one or more of the people in front of me were getting "the talk." About their future, about what they have to look forward to, about how not to give up, etc.

I began to wonder how I would handle "the talk" if I got it.

Though I felt a slight sense of panic when the counselor went through my file three different times to make sure that the client folder was mine....negative. Not really much of a surprise (the last year not being an especially likely one for me to have changed status.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home