The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Sweet Caroline

I know I call myself the Answer Guy, but there is one thing that perplexes me to no end.

Where did the idea to shout "so good! so good! so good!" during the chorus of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" originate? Everytime the song is played in a public place, the crowd all adds the "so good" shouts. It's fun to do it (I do it too) but I wonder where that came from.

I wonder if it's some movie I've never seen.

Likewise, in many places the Billy Idol version (and only the Billy Idol version, not the original) of "Mony Mony" is played, the crowd adds "Get laid! Get f**ked!" to a certain part of the song. I have no idea where that comes from either.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home