The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Isabel hath come, and hath gone.

Lost power for 10 hours or so, a minor annoyance, since the gas and the water both worked the whole time.

A tree feel just up the street from me, but many of the neighbors hung out on the street, to see what the a hurricane (or at least the periphery thereof) felt like. I did venture out from time to time during calm stretches.

Overall, it seems like the Washington area got (surprise!) a bit jumpy about the impact. Though I'm glad I didn't have to work Thursday to an extent, I think I could have come in for a few hours anyway. And as someone trying to bill as many hours as possible, it was an irritant.

The whole thing further solidified my idea of Washingtonians as weather wimps. Heh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home