The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Smooth Criminal (Remixed)

Apparently, two men allegedly kidnapped the wife of Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) brought her to a bank (not an ATM, but a bank) and made her withdraw money. And they brought her back, and drove to New Jersey in the same car they used in the abduction, where they were caught. Read all about it here.

Yes, I am a lawyer. You can tell that I'm either a lawyer or a journalist or both by the use of the word "allegedly."

One of them went inside the bank, in full view of a security camera. The whole thing sounds like something bored nihilistic teenagers might have tried, but no, apparently it was adults.

Now, this is in my opinion not quite as dumb as my previous example of dumb criminal, but dumb nonetheless. However, it will probably lead to further consequences, since federal statutes about harming members of Congress and their families will kick in.

I found myself wondering if I was a bad person, because the first thing that popped into my head after I found out that this transpired in McLean, Virginia, was "Phew! Good thing that this didn't happen on Capitol Hill, or anywhere else in the District, because if it did, we'd have never heard the end of it."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home