The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Monday, November 17, 2003

New job today - I return to the building of the infamous "black magic marker" project.

For those who don't remember, the "black magic marker" project involved myself and a large group of other lawyer-larva redcating patient information from medical documents. Using a black magic marker. In a cramped, poorly ventilated room.

Midway through the project, I found out I had passed the bar, but since I needed the money, I stayed on for three more days, until opposing counsel visited the facility, saw us, and complained to the judge about the costs of litigation. A few hours later, we were told the project was suspended. It never resumed, so far as I know. At the time this cancellation was a devastating blow to my finances.

At one point I was so out of it I made up a song called "Black Magic Marker" to the tune of Santana's "Black Magic Woman." At one point, I started singing it. I think it amused most of the room. I wish I remembered the lyrics.

I also remember mentioning my pass-the-bar news too many times the next day - must have been obnxious to my co-workers. Oh, well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home