The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Friday, November 14, 2003

OK, so the United States announced the commencement of something called Operation Iron Hammer.

When I heard the title, I thought to myself "You know, even if there wasn't a Nazi Germany operation by that title (and I didn't recall whether or not there was one), it sounds like the sort of operation name best avoided in the context of an operation presumably designed to pacify a country undergoing internal strife brought on by an invasion. "

Except that, as found by my cyber-friend J.T., it turns out that there was one.

Is it too much to ask for the Pentagon to have a flunky to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home