The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

OK, I have to admit that I'm sort of, in a vague sense, enjoying this.

There are very few people in this country who bear more responsibility for the dominance of the "lock em' up" philosophy when it comes to our government's general approcah to our national drug addiction problems than Rush Limbaugh. (Many of them probably only mean to lock up poor, dark-skinned people, or possibly the sort of rural "white trash" that populate reruns of "Cops.")

If this episode led to an outbreak of compassion, or, heck, even an outbreak of common sense among Limbaugh's listeners regarding this issue, the fact that he's likely going to get off easy wouldn't bother me. But I'm not exactly holding my breath.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home