The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Friday, December 12, 2003

Uh, Oh...

Don't get me wrong...I'm happy for Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin and all.

I'm just afraid of what comes next.

Billy Joel put out "An Innocent Man," which consisted primarily of lame imitations of '50s and early '60s music, following his marriage to Christie Brinkley.

Bruce Springsteen landed model Julianne Phillips in 1985, and there's been something missing in his material ever since.

John...and Yoko. Paul...and Linda. Need I say more there?

I am reminded of one of the funniest things about "This Is Spinal Tap," when David St. Hubbins' girlfriend comes in, starts managing the band, and drives a wedge between him and Nigel Tufnel. Very much a "funny 'cause it's true" moment.

If Coldplay's third album sucks, or even descends into mediocrity, we'll know why.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home