The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

When I first read the words "Lingerie Bowl," I figured it was just another one of those second- or third-tier college football post-season events, along with the Continental Tire Bowl or the Insight.com Bowl or the late and apparently unlamented (yet forever immortalized by Bill Simmons) Galleryfurniture.com Bowl.

I mean, after the "Poulan Weed Eater Independence Bowl" and the aforementioned bowl games, I didn't think "Lingerie Bowl" was that much of a stretch.

So, for a brief moment, visions of two teams of college guys competing in the "Lingerie Bowl" danced in my head. (No...they were not actually wearing lingerie, at least not on the outside anyway - who knows what was under all that padding though?) The rest of the sports world would make fun of them, but, well, what college guy wouldn't want to be in close proximity to whatever that halftime show would be? I mean, it'd have to involve scantily clad women, wouldn't it? Would the cheerleaders be wearing only a bra and panties? Could this be on a cooler day when the nipples would show through? Enquiring minds want to know.

But, after clicking on this link, I realized that it was in fact a Super Bowl halftime event that would involve women in lingerie playing football. Tackle football.

Just when I was looking forward to the trashy fun of it all, I read that it was a pay-per-view event that would set me back $30.

There might be guys (or gals) willing to pay that much to watch lingerie-clad models play tackle football on television, but I am not one of them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home