The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Too Low For Zero

Just when you think television can't get any worse, the bar gets lower. The geniuses at the networks always find a way to make something so annoyingly degrading that you're still stunned, even with the current parade of degrading "reality" television.

"My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee" is premiering soon.

I can't even begin to describe how wrong this premise sounds on so many levels. Not to mention dull; I can go to any bar and find a loutish guy who offends my every standard of good taste - and those of you who know me understand that I'm not that easy to offend.

And given the viewing tastes of the American public, it'll probably be a hit. The best we can hope for is that Fox tries to bring it back next season to an indifferent public, after which we may get an admission from the Fox suits that they actually suceeded in underesitmating television viewers, a la "The Next Joe Millionaire."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home