The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Milestone

I've written so little about baseball this year, in large part because I've had so many things on my mind, many of them political in nature in this election year.

I just had to point out that Red Sox fans have been feeling a great deal of despair not only over the Nomar trade debacle, but the fact that, while we were all gearing up for a classic Red Sox-Yankees pennant race (albeit hopefully with a different result than most of the other ones) this season, the unfortunate reality has been the Red Sox' record has been closer to that of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, a franchise that has thusfar defined expansion team futility, than that of the Yankees.

I am happy to report that as of this afternoon, after the clinic put on by Pedro Martinez in today's game at Fenway, that said unfortunate fact is officially no longer true.

While it irritates me to no end that I'm saying this on August 12, hey, it's a start.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home