The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Dusk

When I was a child, it was so obvious that I was a repository of weird information that every year, without fail, I'd get at least one book that was replete with facts and factoids about anything and everything. I've retained some of what's in those books but not everything.

One thing I do remember every time New Years' Eve rolls around is this particular factoid:
If the history of Earth (not the history of the Universe, just the history of Earth) were condensed into one year, human beings would have first existed at about 8:00 on the 31st of December.

Really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?


1 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need any printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in Banners Try Banners

 

Post a Comment

<< Home