The Answer Guy Online

Providing information to unwitting victims on a "don't-need-to-know" basis since 1974.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Well, it's my first post of the New Year, and there's so much to write about. I'm sort of like the mythical Buridan's Ass who can't decide between a seemingly infinite number of possible subjects on which to opine.

I figured it would be good to start the New Year and mark my return to blogging with a basic foundation for why my beliefs are what they are, and where they, from a somewhat rational point of view, come from.

Someone asked me why I'm so far left (by American standards) and here's what I came up with...
1. Unless you believe that this is the best of all possible worlds, you believe things could be better.
2. If things could be better, you have to imagine why things aren't better than they currently are.
3. Are you going hold someone or something responsible for why things aren't better than they are? If not, you're more or less at the same place you'd be if you thought we lived in the best of all possible worlds.
4. Does it make more sense to hold people and entities that posess large amounts of wealth and power responsible for why things aren't better than they are, or people and entities largely without wealth or power? I choose the former.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home